Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Pediatrician

Kev and I finally had our prenatal pediatrician's appointment today. It went much better than I anticipated. Parking was super-easy.....and it was free! A man (I think this was his job) stood at the elevator and punched the "up" button for us. Dallas!

We went straight to the office, but tried to go into the sick waiting room first, which was locked. And dark. We were confused. We looked around and saw another door with "well waiting room" and decided to try our luck there. Voila! There was the happy receptionist lady and colored tiled floors and cartoons and kids and toys and parenting magazines. Oh my. While we were waiting, one of the kids and her mommy were banished to the sick waiting room. It felt very exclusionistic. I definitely just made up that word.

Our doctor turned out to be a sweet lady with a cartoon character for a last name (I'll admit it...that's kind of why I picked her). She had kind eyes, talked really fast, and had great voice inflection. It was a really great meeting. I brought with me a "Top 10 list of things to ask your pediatrician" that I found online, since I had no real questions of my own (see previous entry), and she answered almost all of them in her introductory welcome speech. It was fabulous. She even gave me some ideas for childcare and told me I'd better get hopping on that one since a lot of places have wait lists. Dallas!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thinking having a cartoon last name is a good way to pick a doctor! It's like Alex picking one based on the Ohio State room :-)

Christy said...

Good for you for interviewing a pediatrician. I'm like you, I had no idea what to ask. Luckily, Matt's ped. from way back in the day still lives in the area, so that's where Henry goes!