Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Fancy

Today, my very generous boss took me and a professor out to lunch at a very fancy place called Truluck's . I was feeling the need for something healthy, so I ordered a salad....the Hot-House Tomato Salad. The menu description said it had bacon, cheese, red onions, and was covered with a buttermilk sauce. Sounded good to me! "I'll take one of those!" I said to the waiter. I should have known something was up when the waiter brought me a steak knife. A steak knife? For a salad? I thought maybe he was going to bring me the wrong order, but then he sat it in front of me. There it was......a HUGE tomato covered in bacon, cheese, red onions, and buttermilk sauce. No lettuce. Just a big 'ole tomato. It was surprisingly yummy and filling. I have a picture of it here for you......imagine this covered in buttermilk sauce (think Ranch).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love that you have a picture!